Instagram is one of the most popular social networking platforms around today. Instagram is used by millions of people from all walks of life. This diverse social network can be used for causal and business endeavors. For instance, you can use Instagram to sell health products, clothing, or credit repair services. If there is a market for your product or service, you can use Instagram to reach your prospects.
Many Instagram users are now using Instagram hashtags. An Instagram hashtag is a specific word or phrase that has letters, numbers, and the pound symbol (#). Instagram hashtags makes it extremely easy for you to categorize your content.
It is imperative to point out that some people despise Instagram hashtags, and some people have fallen in love with them. Did you know that posts with one Instagram hashtag can secure more engagement from your audience than posts without a hashtag?
In this article, we will cover solid Instagram hashtag tips that will help you get more followers and likes. If you use Instagram hashtags correctly, you can easily extend the reach of your Instagram marketing campaigns. Let’s get started!
The Value of Using Instagram Hashtags
Adding Instagram hashtags to your posts is one of the easiest ways to captivate your audience and increase your following. The right hashtag can help you introduce your brand to a huge market filled with thousands of potential customers. Hashtags can help you maintain a sharp edge over your competitors.
How Do Instagram Hashtags Work?
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
You can add a few hashtags, a brief message, or a caption to every post. Hashtags are effective when it comes to organizing photographs and video content. As a result, you will improve the process of content discovery and optimization.
Let’s look at an example. An ambitious fitness blogger may post a photo of a delicious smoothie. They will proceed by using the following hashtags to their post: #superdiet, #fitnesstreat, and #burncaloriesfast. These three hashtags will catalogue the image so that it can be found by fitness buffs.
What are The Different Types of Instagram Hashtags?
You will be able to create the ideal hashtag strategy for your marketing campaigns once you become acquainted with the following Instagram hashtag strategies:
A branded hashtag is a unique hashtag that showcases your business. It could be your company’s name, tagline, or the name of one of your products (services). Please keep in mind that you don’t have to use a hashtag associated with your company’s name. It could simply be related to your brand identity. Branded hashtags excel when it comes to connecting engaging themes for you and your targeted audience. In many instances, they are used to aggregate special user-generated content.
Community hashtags are hashtags that link users with similar interests. Some people are under the impression that it is difficult to use community hashtags. Nothing could be further from the truth! Here are two simple examples: #ihaveathingforchess and #iloveskateboarding. Community hashtags are well-known for connecting people, enhancing search engine optimization for posts, increasing followers, and establishing a solid community.How can I find good community hashtags? Simply look at the hashtags being used by your audience or favorite accounts. Users are typically drawn to niche specific hashtags.Check out our free Instagram Hashtags Strategy Guide to learn more about Instagram hashtag principles.
How to Organize Your Instagram Hashtags
Are you presently using a system for organizing your hashtags? If not, you may be wasting precious time and energy. Having a solid system in place will help you get better results from your Instagram account.
Experienced Instagram marketers have discovered that hashtags can be organized if they are posted into Google Sheets. This method works because Instagram requires you to post from your mobile device. Unlike Excel, Google Sheets is more mobile-friendly.
Begin by creating a new spreadsheet and add the following important headers: hashtags, category, # of posts, date, and comments.
Enter your hashtags and relevant information.
How to Find Good Instagram Hashtags for Your Account
You must exercise sound strategy when it comes to using hashtags. You’ll discover that the most popular Instagram hashtags are simple words. Hashtags such as #cat and #happy may get you more likes automatically, but they will not help your account grow in the future. Concentrate on using top Instagram hashtags that have a supportive audience.
How do I find neat, unique, and community-oriented hashtags? Studying your audience, competitors, and industry leaders will help you find the best hashtags for your marketing campaigns. A niche-oriented hashtag can provide outstanding results.
For example, let’s say you are going to post a photograph of a Rottweiler to your account. You may be tempted to tag #dogstagram, but you may have better results if you tag #rottie. The hashtag #rottie can help your posts get more exposure and engagement.
Here are a few simple steps on finding the best hashtags for your account:
Learn More About Your Audience
Random hashtags will not help increase your audience. Take out the time to discover the hashtags that appeal to your audience. Your hashtags should be relevant and contain keywords related to your niche.
Analyze Your Competition
It’s vital for you to analyze your competition. This will help you stay one step ahead. What type of hashtags are they using? Are they using hashtags that promote audience engagement? Your due diligence should uncover crucial hashtags that can make your marketing campaigns successful.
Do Your Research on Industry Leaders
Following Instagram influencers is one of the best ways to find dynamic hashtags. Social influencers normally do well on social media platforms. Every niche has main influencers. Search for the influencers in your niche and simulate their activities. There’s an old saying, “Emulating the best is the path to success.”
Find Related Hashtags
Probing the landscape of trends affiliated with your hashtag is an easy way of growing your community. Type your hashtag into the app’s search bar, and select “tags” from the menu. In one moment, you’ll see the top hashtags related to your hashtag. Successful Instagram marketers use this approach to contact, study, and engage their community.You can go the extra mile by browsing through posts containing hashtags in your most engaging posts. If you see a trend of common hashtags for your future posts, make certain your make note of them.
How to “Trend” for an Instagram Hashtag
You have probably seen a grid of nine “Top Posts” at the top of the results page if you’ve searched for a hashtag on Instagram. Top Posts (according to Instagram) are displayed on trending hashtags to show you the most popular posts that were tagged with that specific hashtag.
It would be a major accomplishment if you are able to get one of your Instagram posts featured in the Top Posts section. In layman terms, your post can go viral. Can your post sending thousands of people to your Instagram account in one day?
How can you get on the Top Posts for your hashtag?
First, you need to know how Instagram chooses posts to be featured as Top Posts. The Instagram algorithm is a big mystery, but we have found out that Instagram shows preferential treatment to posts that receive tons of comments and likes.
Instagram also looks at the amount of time it takes for your post to receive engagement. Top Posts normally get their position within the first twenty-four hours of posting. You really need your posts to get a tremendous amount of likes and comments fast if you want them to have a chance of being considered for the Top Posts. If your posts are able to produce a lot of engagement on your account, they will get noticed by Instagram. As I stated earlier, Instagram favors engaging posts filled with quality content.
An Easy Formula for Getting on the Top Posts:
- Select the right hashtagsYour first step lies in your choosing the right hashtags. You will not trend if you pick the wrong hashtags. If you have a small account with 11,000 or less followers, you stand a greater chance at trending with highly targeted hashtags. You should stay away from massive hashtags. We covered the importance of using relevant hashtags instead of popular hashtags. Instead of adding generic hashtags (#sunnygirl, #miami, or #sunrise) to your photographs, look for hashtags that are doing well in your industry. This will help you set up more personal relationships.
- Generate plenty of engagementAfter choosing the right hashtag, it’s time for you to concentrate on getting plenty of engagement from your posts. Posting while your audience is active on Instagram is the easiest way to do this. This approach will lead to more engagement. As a result, Instagram will give your posts favorable spots on user’s feeds. In the end, you stand to get more engagement.
- Make sure you use 3-5 “Big” hashtags on your postUsing 3-5 “Big” hashtags will give you a solid shot at trending. Make certain you use less targeted hashtags. They are more effective at getting more likes and comments. Some good examples are #vscocam, #instagood, and #photooftheday. The “Big” hashtags should be relevant to your niche, have tons of posts, and have a high degree of engagement.
- How to Create a Branded Instagram HashtagA branded hashtag is one easy way of breaking the ice with your followers. It can also extend the reach of your content. Believe it or not, your fans will be more than happy to share your content with their followers if they find it to be useful. This can lead to major growth for your followers and increase the overall engagement on Instagram.As I stated earlier, a branded hashtag is a specific hashtag that’s unique to your business endeavor. It can be your company name, the name of your product or service, or tagline. It could also be a hashtag that is affiliated with your brand’s identity.Your branded Instagram hashtag should be simple and flashy. A short hashtag will make it easy for your customers to remember. It is also important to point out that it should convey enthusiasm.Funny and clever hashtags stand a greater chance of leaving a deep impression on your targeted audience. For inspiration, look at Nike’s #airmaxday hashtag campaign. Nike asked their followers to upload photographs with the hashtag to recognize the 30th anniversary of the Air Max 1. To the surprise of many, Nike managed to get their followers to post over 345,000 photographs within several weeks!You can strategically use branded hashtags to highlight your products and services. You can also use them to promote your campaigns. To be honest, your creativity and the strategies in this article are the keys to getting maximum results from hashtags.
Here are some classic examples:
- Get User-Generated Content – Contests revolving around user-generated content are extremely popular and exciting. You can use them to get new fans and increase engagement. Create a simple contest where your followers upload their photographs. Make sure you ask them to add your branded hashtag to their post. This simple request will surprise you!
- Be an Inspiration to Your Community – Inspire you community to pursue their goals and aspirations. This approach lets your fans know you are concerned about their well-being. In return, they will be more responsive to your offers and share your content with others. Capitalize on the power of storytelling. Studies over the years show that imagery provides outstanding results for online marketers.
- Give Your Followers an Inside Look – Giving your followers an inside look at your operation is a sure-fire way of getting them to connect with your brand. A branded Instagram hashtag will help you do this. Share the latest company news with your followers. Give your followers the golden opportunity to see how your brand works. You should also consider introducing your staff to your audience.
- Customized Hashtag for Your Event – Are you hosting a special event in the near future? If so, choose a hashtag and ask your followers to share content affiliated with it on Instagram. This will help funnel engagement and participation to your upcoming event. It will also organize the posts tagged with it on a hashtag page.
- Promote New Products to Your Audience – Focus on using branded hashtags that will entice your followers to buy your products or service. Your branded hashtags should describe your photographs and business. You will be able to connect with your customers once you master the art of using Instagram hashtags. Instagram hashtags can also help you find content (created by users) about your company, and establish successful long-term relationships with the big players in your market.